The Arizona Volunteer Fire Assistance or VFA Grant Program is authorized by the Cooperative Forestry Assistance Act of 1990, and provides financial assistance to train, organize, and equip fire departments in rural areas and rural communities to prevent and suppress fires. A rural community is defined as having a population of 10,000 or less.
- 2018 VFA Request for Grant Applications (Program Guidance)
- 2018 VFA Budget Attachment (Required for each Project Submittal)
- 2018 VFA Online Submission Guide (Provides instruction on navigating the new online process)
- Application FAQ - Updated November 2017 (Frequently Asked Questions)
- Application Webinars - Webinars to review the new online application process were provided on October 18 and November 8.
- For questions, please contact us at [email protected] , or at (602) 771-1400.
The VFA Grant Program is supported by USDA Forest Service funding.