Stage 1 Fire Restrictions Prohibitions
1. Building, maintaining, attending, or using a fire, campfire, charcoal, coal, or wood stove other than in a developed campsite or picnic area is prohibited. Exemptions include persons using a device solely fueled by liquid petroleum or LPG fuels that can be turned on and off.
2. Smoking is prohibited unless: it is within an enclosed vehicle or building, a developed recreation site/improved site, or while stopped in an area at least three feet in diameter that is barren or cleared of all flammable materials.
3. The discharging or using of any kind of fireworks and incendiary devices is prohibited.
4. Welding or operating acetylene or other torch device with an open flame is prohibited.
1. Any federal, state, or local officer, or member of an organized rescue or firefighting force in the performance of an official duty.
2. All land within a city boundary is exempt unless otherwise stated in city ordinance.
- Persons with a written permit that specifically authorizes the otherwise prohibited act.
- Persons conducting activities in those designated areas where the activity is specifically authorized by written posted notice.
- Any federal, state, or local officer, or member of an organized rescue or firefighting force or other authorized personnel in the performance of an official duty.
- All land within a city boundary is exempted unless otherwise stated in city ordinance.
For information about permits to legally recreate on State Trust land, please call the Land Department's Public Desk at 602-542-4632.