Under Stage II restrictions, the following are prohibited on State Lands:
- Building maintaining, attending, or using a fire, campfire, charcoal, coal, or wood stove including fires in developed campgrounds or improved sites is prohibited. Persons using a device fueled solely by liquid petroleum or LPG fuels that can be turned on and off is permitted. Such devices can only be used in an area that is barren or cleared of all overhead and surrounding flammable materials within 3 feet of the device.
- Smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle or building, is prohibited.
- Discharging a firearm except while engaged in a lawful hunt pursuant to state, federal, or tribal laws and regulations is prohibited.
- Mechanical and Industrial prohibitions:
- Operating any internal combustion engine.
- Welding, or operating acetylene or other torch with open flame.
- Using an explosive.
Stage II Exemptions:
- Persons with a written permit that specifically authorizes the otherwise prohibited act. This process can be utilized in cases where public works and public utility emergency repairs are necessary.
- Industrial operations where specific operations and exemptions are identified and mitigation measures are implemented as outlined in an agency plan.
- Operating generators with an approved spark arresting device within an enclosed vehicle or building or in an area that is barren or cleared of all overhead and surrounding flammable materials within three feet of the generator.
- Operating motorized vehicles on designated roads so long as you park in an area devoid of vegetation within 10 feet of the roadway.
- Persons conducting activities in those designated areas where the activity is specifically authorized by written posted notice.
- Any Federal, State, or local officer, or member of an organized rescue or firefighting force or other authorized personnel in the performance of an official duty.
- All land within a city boundary is exempted unless otherwise stated by city ordinance.
- Discharging of firearms is allowed on agency designated shooting ranges.