Resources and Tools
Besides this website and the Department of Forestry and Fire Management staff, there are a variety of resources and tools available for anyone interested in learning more about urban forest management.
- The Arizona Community Tree Council’s mission is to encourage and facilitate the care and planting of trees in Arizona.
- Arizona Nursery Association is a professional trade organization dedicated to the promotion and advancement of the nursery industry for its members and the public they serve in Arizona.
- The City of Phoenix Citizen Forester Program - citizen foresters advocate for trees by promoting best practices regarding proper tree planting and maintenence techniques, while supporting community efforts to achieve tree and shade canopy goals.
- The Tree Care Industry Association is a public and professional resource on trees and arboriculture and provides tree care companies and professional arborists with safety and educational programs, meetings, publications and guidelines for tree service operations, ANSI A300 tree care standards, and much more.
- The Society of Municipal Arborists is an organization of municipal arborists and urban foresters. Our membership also includes consultants, commercial firms and citizens who actively practice or support some facet of municipal forestry.
- The Alliance for Community Trees supports the needs of communities, nonprofits, businesses, and others engaged in urban forestry.
- Trees Are Good helps to educate the public about the importance and value of proper tree care.
- The International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) promotes the professional practice of arboriculture and fosters a greater worldwide awareness of the benefits of trees through research, technology, and education.
Tree Management Tools
Green Infrastructure and Tree Master Plans - Guidance
Tree Risk Assessment - Liability
Tree City USA
Arizona Urban Tree Map (Inventory)
Shade Tree Planting Prioritization
Disclaimer of non-endorsement
Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by the Arizona Department of Forestry and Fire Management. The views and opinions of individuals expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of DFFM and shall not be used for advertising or product-endorsement purposes.