The Geographic Agency Administrators within the Southwest Area should review these evaluation guidelines and determine threshold levels that substantiate the need for closures.
- Potential loss of life due to extreme fire conditions.
- High potential for extreme fire behavior.
- Level II restrictions are not effective in reducing the number of human-caused fires.
- Resources across the geographic area are at a critical shortage level.
- Persons with a written permit that specifically authorizes the otherwise prohibited act.
- Persons conducting activities in those designated areas where the activity is specifically authorized by written posted notice.
- Any Federal, State, or local officer, or member of an organized rescue or firefighting force or other authorized personnel in the performance of an official duty.
- All land within a city boundary is exempted unless otherwise stated in city ordinance.
For information about permits to legally recreate on State Trust land, please call the Land Department's Public Desk at 602-542-4632.