NOW REQUESTING APPLICATIONS! DUE DEC 2, 2016
2016 Invasive Plant Grant Program - INFORMATION and GUIDELINES
2016 Invasive Plant Grant Program - APPLICATION
Invasive Plant Grant Program - Q&A
Invasive and noxious plants are a major threat across the state of Arizona. They recognize no borders and occur across all land ownerships. Invasive and noxious plants change the natural fire regime, alter watersheds, out-compete native vegetation and crops, and destroy the natural beauty of the Arizona landscape.
The Invasive Plant Grant Program focuses on prevention, control, and eradication of invasive and noxious plants and aims to achieve the following objectives:
- Target and treat invasive and noxious plants that are capable of transforming plant communities in forests or woodlands.
- Increase local capacity to manage and prevent encroachment of invasive and noxious weeds through Cooperative Weed Management Areas (CWMA).
- Use an integrated weed management approach to treating areas infested with invasive and noxious plants. Utilize a combination of available tools including manual, cultural, mechanical, herbicides, and biological control.
- Units of local government (counties, municipalities, cities and towns)
- Non-Profit Organizations 501(c)3
- Public educational institutions
Individuals working in partnership with their neighborhood association may apply if they work through or in conjunction with one of the above groups. Individuals and for-profit companies do not qualify for direct funding. Money may not be spent for treatment on tribal lands. Organizations that have previously received any grant from Arizona State Forestry must be current on their quarterly reporting requirements per their signed grant agreement(s) prior to receiving a new award.
For more information regarding the Invasive Plant Grant Program, contact John Richardson at 602-771-1420 or [email protected]
The Invasive Plant Grant Program does not discriminate against any person or organization because of race, color, religion, disability, sex, age or national origin.